Policies and Regulations
- To remain members (not be dismissed from the RFC), volunteers are required to attend a minimum of 4 clinics per quarter.
- To receive credit for attending a clinic, volunteers must arrive by 5:00 PM and sign in at the front desk unless given prior approval by the undergraduate president to arrive later.
- Sign-ups are done through the iLearn page. Instructions are provided whenever new clinics become available for sign-up on iLearn.
- Clinic sign-up is finalized on the Sunday evening before the clinic. No changes can be made after this date.
- If an emergency arises and you can no longer attend the shift you are signed up for:
- Remove yourself from the iLearn sign-up page
- AND email the undergraduate president to inform him/her.
- Set up the clinic: organize tables and chairs, bring all equipment and supplies upstairs.
- Before medical students and physicians have arrived, report to front desk for instructions.
- Responsibilities include: signing in patients, pulling up/returning/creating new patient files, filling out top portion of Social History forms, filling out medication reconciliation forms with the patient.
- Shadow medical students throughout patient care process: Interviews, physical exams, consultations with physicians, ordering medications (or work within your RFC committee).
- Clean up and break down of the clinic: Wipe down all tables and chairs, take down all equipment and supplies, before leaving get the approval of the person you checked in at the front desk with.
- Assist in other aspects of the clinic as directed by Medical/Undergraduate Officers.
- If you can not find something to do during clinic, see undergraduate president or front desk manager for instructions.
- Undergraduates are not allowed to provide patient care.
- If you are asked to take vitals, you may do so only if the medical student retakes vitals as well. If asked to take vitals, advise medical student of this policy.
- Undergraduates are not allowed to enter information in the patient chart.
- Undergraduates are not allowed to contact outside organizations on behalf of RFC without approval of the RFC Medical President.