Eligibility and Requirements
- Volunteers must be undergraduate students at UCR
- Graduating seniors are not eligible to apply
- The minimum recommended GPA for a new applicant is 2.8 or higher
- Volunteers are required to attend a minimum of 4 clinics per quarter.
- To receive credit for attending a clinic, volunteers must arrive by 4:45 PM and sign in with the Personnel Manager.
Sign-Up and Dropping
- Sign-ups are done through your committee officer. Your committee officer will contact you regarding sign-ups each quarter.
- Sign-ups will be finalized at the end of week 2 every quarter.
- For any changes made after the committee sign-ups are finalized, you are expected to email your Committee Officer and Personnel Manager at least 48 hours in advance or earlier with a valid reason for your absence.
Duties at Clinics
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Clinic set-up: organize tables and chairs, bring and clean all equipment and supplies necessary for your committee
- Committee duties and responsibilities (see “Committees” tab on http://riversidefreeclinic.com/)
- Clinic clean-up: wiping down all tables and chairs, taking down all equipment and supplies, getting approval to leave from committee officer, personnel manager, and clinic monitor
- Assist in other aspects of the clinic as directed by Medical/Undergraduate Officers.
- RFC volunteers have the opportunity to shadow medical students after completing clinic duties and getting cleared by your Committee Officer and Personnel Manager
- Will be able to observe the patient care process: Interviews, physical exams, consultations with physicians, ordering medications
- Undergraduates are not allowed to provide patient care (i.e. driving patients home, giving patients medical advice or instructions).
- Undergraduates are not allowed to contact outside organizations on behalf of RFC without approval of the RFC Faculty, Personnel Manager, and Clinic Monitor.